Preparing for School
Preschoolers are continuing their learning adventure with a desire to do things on their own and make new discoveries. And with them coming into stepping stones for a lifetime of learning, our goal is to help equip your child for the challenges ahead.
The Preschooler Program
Our standards-based Preschool Curriculum is divided into weekly, theme-based units. We introduce Words of the Week to strengthen and increase vocabularies and develop character. As well as individual skills practice, compliment your child’s developmental growth and provide them with many opportunities to explore their personal interest. Weekly Character Connections develop strong, positive character traits and boost self-esteem in every child. As children enter preschool the curriculum shifts to accommodate a more planned structure, prepare preschoolers for the academic schedules they’ll soon find in elementary school.
The Preschool Curriculum includes:
- Child-directing learning allows preschoolers to process and self-regulate their own decisions.
- Language, physical and cognitive development focus on learning curves needed for developmental milestones.
- Small group activities are planned for every child throughout each day.
- Literacy and writing activities are age-appropriate and provided daily.
- Activities and music balance learning and fun.
- Emotional and social development takes place with peers and teachers.
- Daily enrichment activities encourage imaginative and creative play.
- Progress reports inform parents of children’s daily accomplishments provide quarterly.
As Preschool children grow through our curriculum Oak Tree keeps in mind the essential “Love First, Then Teach philosophy. Preschoolers need encouragement and praise as they learn to share, problem solve, and respect their parents, teachers, and peers. That’s just another reason why a solid foundation, beginning with a loving environment, is essential for every child’