4 – 5 Years
Pre-Kindergarten program is filled with enjoyable activities for any child. This is the next stop on your child’s way toward elementary learning. Learning is driven by student development and imagination. Our program goal is to help each child succeed to his fullest potential.
Pre-Kindergarten activities include large and small hands-on groups, independent activities, and realistic application. The learning centers and curriculum are designed to build children’s comprehension. Through independent and cooperative learning strategies, children are able to apply thought, imagination, and creativity into their educational experiences.
Focusing on 3 Areas
This program is broken down into three categories: academic introductions, individual and group activities, and station opportunities. The academic introductions are group learning sessions where student are introduced to subject manner. Our individual and group activities help students apply what they have learned and focus on building individual comprehension.
Pre-Kindergarten centers opportunities provide the following:
- Alphabet Station helps children build their language skills
- Art Station presents free-choice art experiences that develop skills and imagination
- Construction Station develops spatial awareness through stacking, sorting, building, and recreating
- Dramatic Play Station encourages individual and group role play activities with realistic and imaginary props
- Number Station lets children apply math skills with a variety of materials and strategies
- Writing Station encourages beginning letter formation through a variety of materials and activities.
Children continue to learn about themselves and the environment around them in an atmosphere permeated with the Oak Tree philosophy of “Love First, Then Teach.” Our Lead Teachers encourage and praise children for their accomplishments, building their self-esteem and creating memorable learning experiences with them.